What a fragrance for memories

What a fragrance for memories

When I came back from the gym in the morning, I had idli from Udupi.

Then I remembered my mother's love.

No matter where I start to go out , before that, 'Amma used to feed me in my mouth.

A taste that cannot be found in any five star hotel.

What a fragrance for memories.

When I got back home and looked at the fruit basket, Orange smiled at me.

Then I remembered my father's love.

When my dad used to come back from Ernakulam, he used to bring oranges in a wooden box.

Even if the stomach is full, there will be still more oranges.

And my father does not eat any of the snacks he gets in the office, he brings everything packed.

The tast of that parippuvada is still on my tongue.

What a fragrance for memories.

When I fight with my sister at home, even if I kick her, she won't say anything.

I don't remember my sister hurting me even once.

What a fragrance for memories.

I used to wait for summer vacation to begin so that I can meet grandpa.

There is a woodland Hotel on the way,

I used to stand and eat ghee roast, then only I can order one more quickly.

What a fragrance for memories.

Grandfather used to call me Samikutta and used to wait for me to come.

Grandfather's military stories and he used to hide and eat banana without showing it to grandma.

These all are still in my mind and it seems like I saw it yesterday.

Where are the five paisa and ten paisa coins that I have hidden in the soil of my grandfather's house?

A childhood that will never come back, but a childhood that I always want to come back.

What a fragrance for memories.

Grandfather's own Samikuttan

Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും