An ICSE Topper Saga

Kishore is my nephew. I'm very proud to mention his interview in this blog.

Kishore Ayyappath has scored 97.5% in the Indian School Certificate Examination, ISC (Class XII) 2023 Examinations. Kishore is a student of VIBGYOR High, Marathahalli, Bangalore and wants to get into IITs or IISc as he has interest in research. Shiksha.com spoke with Kishore on his strategy to score over 95 percent in the ICSE Class XII.

Kishore recommend students to prepare revision notes for the topics they find difficult and regularly writing mock exams. It is also important to focus on English as it is an equally important subject that many students often neglect.

Kishore's detailed words are given below.

I come from a middle class family, my father Krishna Prasad works as a software engineer, my mother Meera is a doctor by profession and my younger sister, Aashika currently studying in 10th grade at VIBGYOR. Though I hail from Kerala, I have lived in Bangalore all my life.

I chose the pure science stream as I had a passion for these subjects, particularly physics. I was able to secure 97.5% in the ISC board examinations and scored 486/500.

 I focused my preparation particularly on the problem-solving part of physics and chemistry apart from just learning the theory as I knew that it is necessary to get used to these types of numerical based questions to score well.

 I got the greatest support from my chemistry teacher Ms. Viji who not only motivated me to aim higher but also supported me in this journey.

While preparing for my board exams, I followed a regular schedule as it allowed me to complete my studies in an effective manner. I divided my day into parts during which I would revise my lessons or practice sample papers. I made sure to take occasional breaks where I would go for short walks as otherwise it becomes easy to get distracted and lose focus.

Though I am a STEM enthusiast, have not yet fully decided on my career path. However, I am inclined towards doing research, and I would like to explore and deepen my understanding of physics. Having studied both mathematics and biology for my higher secondary, I have written both JEE Mains and NEET. I am currently preparing for JEE Advanced which is scheduled in June. I was able to get good ranks in KVPY, JEE mains and SAT and participate in national level Olympiads.

My next goal is to get admission in either one of the premier institutes like IITs or IISc.

For my juniors, I would recommend preparing revision notes for the topics you find difficult and regularly writing mock exams. It is also important to focus on English as it is an equally important subject that many students often neglect. I wish all my juniors best of luck for their upcoming examinations. Finally, I would like to thank all the teachers as well as the VIBGYOR Team whose tireless efforts have played a big part in helping me achieve my goal.






Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും