Unknown Force in the mountains

Unknown Force in the mountains.

Firstly let me clarify that this is just an experience which I would like to share with all of you.

After reading this, neither a believer should become a non-believer, nor a non-believer should become a believer.

Let's go back to the pre-QL period. Flashback has become an old keyword. Computer education was trending that time.

In those days, the job one used to get after studies was a computer trainer-cum-developer. i.e., teaching people programming, Excel etc. and making websites and applications. I also took tuitions for engineering students and Thrissur Engineering College students. 

During this time, I remembered I had a vow to our God made during my student days.

The vow was that if I pass MCA, I will go to the mountain and do the ‘Sayana Pradakshina’. We have a saying in Malayalam, “you do half, and the other half God will do”.

In the past, Mom used to make offerings like this. One of them was lighting candles for a Saint. Mom used to say that even my sister's lost anklet was found after offering candles to this Saint. There is no caste or religion in this belief. Anyone can offer anywhere irrespective of their religion. Faith is everything.

At that time, I used to wear a gold chain around my neck, which was a symbol of prosperity for all Keralites. Along with the chain there was a Raksha or shield given by some astrologer. I was wearing this shield since the time my sister broke her toe.

So, the journey to the mountains began. It was a luxury trip in the state transport bus. Pathanamthitta bus stand was flooded like a river. I read recently that it's still in the same condition.

I used to go to this mountain temple since I was five years old. But this time the journey was after a long gap.

I couldn't go for few years because I claimed to be busy. But honestly at that time there was no rush in my life. Everything was moving in slow motion.

Me and my friend started climbing the mountain. I was not able to breathe as it was too steep. In between we stopped and had water. It was this mountain which I used to run and climb as a child. Somehow, I arrived at the ‘Sannidhanam’.

We stayed in the dormitory. Later, it was time for me to do the Sayana Pradhakshina’, a ritual where we have to lay down and roll outside the temple.

We went to the ‘Bhasma Pond’, took a bath before Shayana Pradakshina which is comparatively easy at Sabarimala temple. It’s a small area compared to Guruvayoor which is a bit difficult. After my offering, we came back to the Sannidhanam to sit and rest, where I got a shock looking at my chest.

That gold chain was missing, the rakhsha/shield was also not there with me. Anything can happen as per the astrologer. I can't even go back home without my chain and shield. I became sad. We looked everywhere, now the only option left was to drain the water from the pond to search my chain. But my friend made me realise, it's not some local pond , it's a pond where lakhs of people come for their offerings.

What next? Only Lord Ayyappa can help me. Suddenly, I remembered about the Saint which mom used to talk about. But when Lord Ayyappa is so close, how could I pray to the Saint.

My mind went to a sea full of tears. I melted my heart and started praying.

Suddenly I heard an announcement. A gold chain has been found. If the owner has the markings, they can come and collect it. Immediately my mind calmed down. 

I went and told them the markings and the sign in my chain. It was matching and the officials returned the chain with my shield. We asked them who brought this to them. They said it was a Swami who just passed from there.

Who will it be? An unknown force capable of submerging himself to search a chain from a big pond. Even if he could do that, who has the heart to return a costly gold chain.

Was it lord Ayyappa Swamy himself?

The unknown force remains as an unanswered question even today.

Today that chain is not in my neck, neither the shield. Faith is everything right.

That was the belief in those days. This is the faith as of today.

All prayers to the Lord Ayyappa.

Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും