Football diaries

It's football season. So I thought of writing about football and worshiping.

My father wanted me to become a footballer

But for me, my mind was not fixed in any game. At four o'clock in the morning I used to go and play badminton.Football in the evening then cricket/volleyball and caroms. I was Ready for any game, no matter who calls or whatever game it was. Mom still says that I play till the last man stands. Even now, if I go to the gym for two hours, I comeback and play badminton for two hours.

I have started playing football when I was in school.There was this sevens club. Players allowed me to play in between. Maybe they allowed me, because I was left-footed. So I used to get a chance every now and then.

 I still remember heading for the first time in my life. I do fall to the ground and my memory disappeared, that's the reason to remember this particular heading. In the meantime, the selection trails I used to attend. But I didn't play with a fixed mindset to get in.

I used to be an Argentina fan. The time when the football field was filled with Maradona and Battistiuta kind of players. If you were to name ten best players in the world, one of them would be Gabriel Battistiuta. That golden hair and style. 

Then and now, my father is Brazil and I am Argentina. sworn enemies.

When it was football season, then it used to be tension and fight in the house. 

I still feel happy, when I remember about the match where Brazil lost by seven goals. The blood that runs in my veins is Argentina's, now and forever. Messi's World Cup final loss is still a very sad thing for me to remember.

There is no part of my body that was not injured by playing football. But those times 

injury I used to take it as for granted. If I sprained my leg, I used to go to Mani's shop and he used to give the treatment. At very first he just touches slowly, then suddenly starts his massage. We feel deadly pain but the sprain goes away.

I have played with a lot of people. Many of them played for Kerala and later for India as well. Celebrities who still answer any questions without any hesitation. People who do not see fame as pride, while talking to childhood friends.

When I take my son for football coaching, I used to remember all those old times. Today it is not the game, which we played long back then. Coaching itself is in a different way. Times have changed and the story also has changed.

I used to play football when I was studying in college as well.One day while playing, someone's hands got dislocated from shoulders. I saw someone putting it back. One push, one turn and it got joined.It was the first time, I was seeing an injury like this.

Even today I have football in my mind.it's a feeling till your last moment.

Wishing everyone a great World Cup experience.

Vamos Argentina.

Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും