The great villain called "Stage Fear"

 


The great villain called "Stage Fear"

There must have been many occasions in our lives when this villain must have caught us. Sometimes you don't need an audience for this villain to catch us. While talking to someone or raising our voice in a group, this villain will make us feel low.

A good percentage of people have it. Not many will admit as life is about standing still with pride.

Today's kids don't seem to have this. They don't hesitate to ask anything to anyone. That's the surrounding they are growing up in with friends from different cultures and regions. Children have learned that sitting silent like a cat won't help them to succeed.

This great villain has caught me in the past. Reluctance to talk to people..Reluctance to enter an audience. I think my father understood this hence, he slowly encouraged me to enter stage.The first one was poem recitation. After that I started participating in elocutions and my fear started to disappear.

Mom & dad were the opposite types, the type who are waiting to get an audience to perform anywhere.

Sis was usually quiet, but she was in the forefront of dance performances.

Later I contested as school leader and won..School leader has several tasks .Addressing the audience in School assembly was a critical one.

I think my teachers understood my stage fear problem and asked me to write newspaper news everyday and read it in class.

To overcome stage fear, I have also participated in art programs such as group singing.

Now when I look back, all these encouragements helped me to get a job and do things related to it.

But even now, when I hear and see an 'audience' where I have to talk, my mind gets stuck, 'Will that great villain catch me again?' No, I will never give up or allow it to catch me ever.

There could be many people who must have lost their opportunities due to stage fear. Let this be an inspiration to all of them.

There is no need to fear anyone. No one will become a villain and catch you. Freedom to speak and act was also something which Gandhiji got us.

There is nothing called stage fear, everything is just our inner feeling.

Be bold and say what you have to say.

Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും