Influencers

It's the era of influencers. Whether you take social media , whether you take your career, everyone could have an influencer or mentor or role model in their life. 

The influencer need not be a famous person. It can be an act or kind words or behaviour which we admire from an influencer.

Top of my influencer list was my grandpa, listening to his stories I grew up. His struggles of life. For taking care of his younger brother and single parent mom, he joined army and struggled a lot to setup their life. I have written his stories as well and some part he only has written. I may publish it as a book some day.

Another person was my dads cousin. He was actually a swamy(saint). In his younger life, he went on to Himalayas. He used to dress up like a swamy(saint) and he had lot of books in his room. Whenever we go for vacation, he used to tell us stories which we never heard of. Some people used to call him mad, but for me in my childhood, he was not less than an influencer and hero.


Another person was my mom's aunt. She used to apply a big bindiya, that itself gives a motherly feeling for most of us. She was actually very young when she got married. She had 10 kids. Her life was full of struggles.Her house kitchen was like a community kitchen for the entire family.Anytime anyone goes, food will be there. We also went many times. Mom used to admire her. The same kindness and helping nature, all of their kids( mom's cousins) have got. They all helped or were with us in different stages of our life. The love and respect in any blood relation should be this way in any family.


Another person who influenced me in my school days was my dads office security. He was very short but very active. He used to bring us cake in every Christmas. He didn't study much, but he worked hard to build up his life and he constructed a house by digging sand from the river himself bit by bit. Dad used to tell stories of how he started his career as a tea boy.

When I remember my college days, I remember another person. I don't exactly remember how he got his pet name, it was funny though. Due to copyright issues, can't mention any name here. He was actually a lumberjack or logger, the person who cut the tree and transports it in lorries or trucks. He was not much educated but very hardworking person. He has got six packs because of the nature of his job. He used to have cash always in his hand because one truck of wood itself, they get very big amount. Hard work pays you well, that was the lesson I learnt from him. 

We used to go to catch frogs at midnight with him. We have to put torch towards the frog, it will stay still, that time we should go and grab the frog. It was a fun experience.

Then during the initial days of my career, I met this person. He was actually not much educated, his mom used to go for different jobs to make him study, but she was very caring and loving. He struggled a lot to build up his life. Now he is settled and living a good life abroad. She taught him the lesson that there is only one way to succeed in life , that is by doing hardwork.

Then during my career many people I met, who were very down to earth irrespective of their positions. Everything we do is a role, I understood from them only. One person among them is still my mentor. So down to earth , always responding, calm and quiet. Any issues, first I reach out to him as I know he will have solution for anything.

Another influencer was one of my neighbour doctor. He is actually soft spoken , but he is having great experience as a doctor and tremendous communication skills. Any illness or issues if I reach out to him, he will give the right direction. Sometimes I also think about why he is helping or responding. He is a super busy doctor , still responding to my messages or calls. I'm like nobody in front of him, just a neighbour.

But great people are like that.They don't have discrimination. I have seen great respect in his hospital or where ever he goes. These all respects, he could have gained by his interaction and down to earth attitude.

Like these, still there are many influencers around. But these are the people who always make us remember who we are and who we should be.

Wishing you all a great day. Hope this helps you to remember the influencers in your life and thank them once again.


Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും