The Long Wait

Life is all about waiting. Sometimes the waiting ends in happiness, sometimes in sadness.

We always look forward to seeing the faces we like. But we don't know whether we will see them today or tomorrow. So it's like waiting forever.

From birth till our death, our life is full of waiting for someone or some things.

I remember the moment, where I was waiting outside on the day my son was born. The nurse came with a rose colour bundle. The joy of that waiting I felt, when he raised his double or triple chin and opened his sparkling eyes to look at me.

I was the one who used to go and check my sister's horoscope for any matches. I used to go with a big set. Then had to wait till the Astrologer finds a match. So many days have gone on this exercise.

One of my Friend's mother died suddenly. We both were standing outside the mortuary. Waiting to receive the body. While he was waiting, he could have thought about the warmth of his mom's breast milk and the food she used to feed him and the moments when he used to be angry unnecessarily with his mom. So the waiting continued to get an ambulance. Then again waiting to identify the body from the mortuary after that.

That moment we realize that human life is only this much.

We always wait to get a job. A few years ago, I was waiting for my visa to go abroad. At the same time, the interview of a big company was over here, and I was waiting to know its result. My father had brought me some branded clothes. But at the end of that waiting period, I got the job here itself.

I remember waiting for my salary during my first job. Even sometimes balance used to be like bata showroom prices like 99rs, 65rs.

That time, we had to wait for any of our friends to give change to make it to 100 to withdraw it.

After studies, we used to wait for our results.But then there was no guarantee about what will happen.

It was sure that if I didn't make it, then I could be thrown out of the house. But at the end of that waiting period, I got a phone call. It was my friend. Hearing his unflinching voice I got some relief. I have passed with first class. Proud moment. But even after learning so much, the result is only this much. Our mind never accepts that we get marks only how much we study.

In my childhood, I used to wait for my father the most. Dad used to go on long trips due to work. I was always afraid until my father used to come back. Dad may not even know this till now. Now my son waits for me till I come home.He doesn't say it, but I can understand that he was waiting.

So everyone, please wait for someone or something. Everyone needs to wait till the end of life. 

Yes, maybe many others are waiting for us.



Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും