Queen Regnant

Queen Regnant

I know that I am a little late to write. International Women's Day was yesterday. Everyone could have been bored of seeing people's pink posts and old rusty banners. Even those who didn't speak or even say hi to anyone in the groups, were seen wishing Women yesterday, which is quite interesting.


So the first time in life that everyone could have seen a Queen Regnant, will be from their own home.


Yes, it was my Grandmother( Paternal). She was the headmistress in her school. I felt that she was one of the first feminists in her days. When every other woman was thinking about household work in that era, she used to think about work.


She used to control my grandfather who was a Tahsildar and her kids including my dad. Dad used to say if they are going out and coming back, they have to go through the backside,take a bath and then only entry is allowed inside home. In the same way, For any kids mischief in school, dad used to get punishment. She used to take a lot of diet. She used to eat just enough food which is required. That's why she lived up to her nineties.


Her sister died a year before she turned 100. She used to look after my dad, because granny was busy with her career.


My grandmother( Maternal) was the very opposite. She was a homemaker. But I have heard that my grandfather was very angry. I have to think that she could have learned to tolerate it and become a strong woman. Grandma had great cooking skills. She used to make a dry veg dish( Aviyal). I never got that taste from anywhere else, after she expired.


I must think that my mother was able to learn a lot from them, because she lived with them. Whatever I write about my own mother, it will be less. Because my mother is the best mother in the world. And then there is my sister. She is a combo of all these people. She does not even cry, even if she gets hurt. She used to study by hiding under the table. May be to get concentration. And I used to grab her portion of food. But she never used to fight.


Now about my favourite teacher. She had lots of love towards me and high hopes for me. She used to motivate me a lot. Also she made me write newspaper news daily and made me to read it in school.


After all Mother, Father and Guru

is equivalent to God.


I have a friend who runs her own company. Her husband is a busy professional. And yet everything she does at home and for her company. There is nothing in the world which you can't do,  if you decide to do it.


There are so many female gems and Queen Regnants around us. Those who have achieved fame in many fields, those who do not go behind fame and living as a homemaker. Those who live by fighting the law. Those who take pride in their own husband's achievements.


It takes courage to live. Not just a companion. The courage to do everything on your own. There is no need for father, husband or brother to do things for you. Even CEOs of famous companies are female now.


Best wishes to all the Women. Women's Day will come and go. But may God bless all the women to keep up your courage and determination always.


Who is the Queen Regnant for you.

Please comment.

Popular posts from this blog

കാർ പുരാണം

സ്കൂൾ ദിനങ്ങൾ

സിനിമ യൂം അഡ്ജസ്റ്റ്മെൻ്റ് ും പവറും